What was Isaiah 48-49 about?
- God blessing His people, the Jewish nation, as well as all people globally:
Isaiah 49:6 He says,“It is too small a thing thatYou should be My Servant To raise up the tribes of Jacob and to restore the preserved ones of Israel; I will also makeYou a light of the nations So that My salvation may reach to the end of the earth.”
- The coming Messiah, Jesus Christ
Isaiah 49:1 Listen to Me, O islands,
And pay attention, you peoples from afar.
The Lord called Me from the womb;
From the [k]body of My mother He named Me.
- God will punish her oppressors:
Isaiah 49:26 “I will feed your oppressors with their own flesh, And they will become drunk with their own blood as with sweet wine; And all flesh will know that I, the Lord, am your Savior And your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob.”
Is there something for you to do (obey) &/or believe?
- Believe in Jesus’ salvation
Did God speak to you through this chapter?
- Fear God (Jesus) and obey Him [don’t want to be caught on wrong side]